Our Insight Weeks and Female Insight Weeks are designed to spark your imagination, give you valuable career experience, and show you what it’s really like to work here.
You’ll spend two days shadowing colleagues in your field, specifically female colleagues if you’re joining our Female Insight Week, and you’ll get to see a completely different perspective of our business. You’ll get a view of day-to-day life in this area, and plenty of chances to ask questions and learn more.
About the programmes
- Human Resources
- Learn about the vital role HR plays in our business, and see first hand what we’re doing to make RBS a great place work. The programme will run over four days, and we hope you’ll love it as much as we do!
Female Insight Week
Work with talented and inspiring women this April or September, and discover where a career at RBS could take you. We’re committed to being an inclusive employer that encourages and draws on as wide a pool of talent as possible.
- Software Engineering
- Get involved with the teams that are harnessing new technologies and ideas to help us shape the bank of the future. You’ll help us deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers through creative digital innovation.
- Change & Business Solutions
- Deliver innovative digital, change and transformation solutions while developing your analytical and agile skills, and driving a customer focussed approach.
- Data & Analytics
- Gain insight into how we are fundamentally changing customer experiences through data, making every interaction with them personal, timely and relevant.
- Private Banking
- Deepen your understanding of private banking and discover more about how we support our notable and varied clients.
- Customer Solutions, Structured Finance
- Develop your career in Structured Finance and work on some of the most high profile debt transactions across Europe. You’ll learn about acquisition financing for a wide spectrum of companies and private equity, specialist asset-backed financing, leveraged buyouts and project finance for greenfield renewable energy projects.
- Customer Solutions, Commercial Banking
- Harness your talents to build relationships, structure solutions and shape the banking products of the future.
- Gain an understanding of how we tie together all financial activity across RBS, and help the bank make, spend and invest money wisely while supporting our customers to make good financial decisions.
- Internal Audit
- Internal Audit is an independent area of our organisation, integral to us meeting our ambitions, and protecting the interests of our customers. We provide assurance by calling out risks, asking the tough questions, and challenging where we need to. We also ensure effective controls are always in place to manage our risks, keeping the bank and our customers safe.
- Learn from our skilled colleagues who provide risk and conduct expertise to enable the effective management of RBS for all its stakeholders.
What you'll do
Our Insight Weeks are your opportunity to get a unique insight into what it’s like to work at RBS. You’ll be building new business relationships, gaining knowledge of how our businesses work, and could find yourself joining us on an internship or graduate programme in the future.
The week starts with an induction day, where you’ll get to know our current graduates and colleagues. You’ll learn about our vision and values, meet colleagues face-to-face, and hear about their career journeys. There will be time for you to network, as well as hear some top tips on how to prepare for the assessment day later in the week.
At the end of the week there’ll be an assessment day. This includes a group discussion, interview and a written exercise. It’s an opportunity to show us what you’ve learned and reflect on your experiences. If you pass the assessment you could be offered a place on our Summer Internship programme in 2021.
To be eligible for these Insight Weeks, you’ll need to be graduating in 2022.
We’re looking for motivated and inquisitive people who are looking to develop their skill sets and widen their network.
We’ll look to you to show:
- First class communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to learn and adapt
- An interest in problem solving
Each of our individual programmes has its own needs, so read the descriptions in more detail for a better understanding of what we’re looking for.
Take a look at programmes that are currently open for application below. You can also visit our application advice pages, where you’ll find details about the application process, as well as tips and advice to help you at every stage.