This job posting is no longer active
The role exists within a Global Futures Execution technology team to provide technical analysis and associated solutions for a set of applications in production and to ensure their availability for the business as per agreed Service Level Expectations (SLE) or requirements
- Designing automated solution and support tools for repetitive manual effort , always embracing best practice and sharing knowledge across Technology
- Providing support during new releases into the production environment
- Proactively seeking to improve the business area, implementing necessary change, working collaboratively across teams to do this
- Owning and maintaining support documentation
- Providing an efficient response for customer queries, ensuring applications are available and performing 'root cause' analysis
- Working in early morning shift and covering weekend when on call rota.
You'll also undertake performance, people and risk management as a regular part of this role.
Essential Experience: (Must have skills)
- Strong experience in supporting Futures Trading platform, especially vendor system such as Fidessa.
- Strong experience with The Financial Information eXchange (FIX) technology
- Hands on U3C, ITRS-Geneos, Splunk monitoring systems, including batch scripting.
- Good knowledge of the Exchange-traded Derivatives business
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment often with shifting priorities
- Front to back awareness of processes within an investment bank (from sales to back office)
- Extensive exposure to high pressure, high transaction volume environment
- Good general awareness of Information Security policies and Technology Risk Management from an enterprise / banking systems context
- Excellent analytical skills
- Windows, DOS, DOS Scripting, UNIX, SQL Server, Oracle, SQL, VBS, Excel VBA, FTP/SFTP, Disaster Recovery
Supplementary Experience: (Useful additional skills)
- Experience of performing a similar role in a leading global investment bank, with an understanding of the related processes (and a good knowledge of the markets and banking business and products traded)
- Experience with Futures Execution technology
- A good general awareness of information security policies and technology risk management in a banking systems context
- ITIL certification
- 4 years Degree, preferred in IT .