Senior Relationship Manager
This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a Senior Relationship Manager in Croydon
- You’ll be developing a strong and diverse portfolio of clients
- Your business expertise will help us support UK businesses, and develop and strengthen our customer base
- You’ll gain valuable experience, while working with a wide range of colleagues and clients
What you'll do
You’ll build strong relationships across a portfolio of commercial clients. You’ll meet clients regularly to gain a deep understanding of their needs, and will work with Business Development Managers, Portfolio Managers and our support teams to make sure we provide a responsive service.
- Provide a high level of credit stewardship and operational risk management across your portfolio
- Find the best possible solutions possible for your clients
- Help us generate new business, reach our financial targets and develop our client base in a sustainable and responsible way
- Design and deliver strategies to identify sources of new business, and manage and grow existing relationships
The skills you'll need
Along with motivation and great commercial acumen, you’ll have experience in building strong and successful relationships with clients. Knowledge of credit risk and credit processes would be an advantage.
You’ll also need:
- Knowledge and experience of financial analysis
- An understanding of the wider economic and financial outlook
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- To be highly collaborative and have good teamwork skills
You'll either already possess the Diploma in Lending Skills, or we'll support you to complete the qualification within 12 months of starting this role.
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive salary plus 25% reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.