Financial Crime Associate Apprentice
This job posting is no longer active
If you’re looking for a Financial Crime Associate Apprentice, join us in Edinburgh
- This is a perfect opportunity to begin your journey with us, and in this varied and engaging apprenticeship, you'll help us to deliver an outstanding customer service
- You’ll work with customers who have been the victims of fraud, and you'll demonstrate empathy and compassion, giving them essential support with a wide range of queries
- Through effective and comprehensive training, you’ll be perfectly positioned to develop brand new skills while gaining valuable exposure to an important and exciting business area
- We’ll start you on a competitive and flexible reward package of £20,250, and you’ll work towards a Providing Financial Services Level 3 qualification
What you'll do
In Fraud & Chargeback Operations, the things that make a difference to our customers are what we do everyday. We’re there to help them when our customers lose money to fraud, and support them when they are in disputes with retailers. You’ll be right at the centre of making that difference, speaking to customers over the telephone, and helping them find the right solution through outstanding service.
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Build a trusting relationship with your customer on every call you take, listening carefully and asking the right questions
- Understand the customers’ needs and concerns, and resolve them efficiently and effectively
- Build and maintain a broad awareness of the techniques fraudsters use
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone keen to start their career. This apprenticeship programme is for people who haven’t yet had the chance to develop the skills learnt through the Providing Financial Services qualification.
You'll be keen to start your career and shape your knowledge and experience around this business area. You'll have a natural flair and genuine desire for helping customers, using a full range of investigative tools. You’ll also have a creative approach to problem solving and you'll be passionate about preventing fraud.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Great interpersonal skills, with the ability to build personal credibility, and engage with your stakeholders on often sensitive issues
- A keen eye for detail, allowing you to identify potential risks to the bank and our customers
- The ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and to work well under pressure
What else you need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern. Your hours of work are likely to be between 6am and midnight, and will include weekends and Bank Holidays. We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during your interview stage.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.