Analyst - Windows & VMWare
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in Wintel and ESX Virtualisation technologies, a position as Technical Analyst is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for providing design input for your Wintel & ESX platform for any new shared services delivered to the Global Test and Development Data Centre.
To qualify for this role, you need to have at least five years’ experience working in a technical analyst role within a large IT environment preferably within a financial organisation.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Global Data Centre Services at GIS reporting to the Lead Build Analyst.
As Technical Analyst, you will be required to:
- Attend workstack planning workshops as a representative of a Wintel and ESX technical platform, inputting to test and production environment delivery and advising on platform component and service availability
- Ensure that task delivery for Wintel & ESX is executed within agreed timescales and quality and in accordance with defined technical and governance standards
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in the platform teams to ensure that you are always aware of new standards within Wintel & ESX and that they are adopted at the earliest opportunity within your platform
- Escalate any issues relating to your technical specialism to the Platform Manager in a timely fashion with suggested resolutions; provide support for the resolution of project related incidents in the test environment on your platform
- Document and implement comprehensive processes based on best practice, to help maintain an effective and efficient, controlled Managed Testing environment, and then focus on continuous improvement to deliver a platform build centre of excellence
Skills you need
- At least five years experience in design, build and implementation of core desktop infrastructure solutions in a project environment
- Proven track record of maintaining an in-depth knowledge in Wintel and ESX Virtualisation technologies, and able to demonstrate how that knowledge has been used to influence the technical direction within organisations
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting skills in Windows server OS; different server OS build; sound knowledge and hands on experience in different RAID configurations, rebuild of RAIDs and trouble shooting RIAD issues
- Strong knowledge in Windows server cluster and NLB configurations and its trouble shooting; knowledge in different backups methods and restoration; hands on experience in server performance monitoring, event logs analysis
- Good knowledge in trouble shooting server crash issues and analysis of memory dumps; knowledge in storage disk, types of disk, connectivity, replication mechanism; hands on experaince in hardware support of HP, Dell and IBM servers, its remote capturing tools like ILO, DRAC
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.