Software Designer - C#
This job posting is no longer active
This role is responsible for developing software and tools to accomplish project objectives. Key responsibilities of this role include ensuring that software is developed to meet both the functional and non-functional requirements of the project.
This role requires deep knowledge of C# development platforms, & design principles and ability to write high quality code (testable, maintainable, efficient, extensible etc) to meet the functional & non-functional requirements. Core support for Asset Finance Product Engine is ability to design and build plug-ins for interfaces and validation rules - ability to code in C# is key as well as strong communication skills.
What the Business Does
Together, our commercial and private businesses provide wealth creators and wealth owners in the UK with access to services that satisfy both their business and personal banking needs.
A core part of our strategic plan in supporting UK business and communities is our successful partnership with Entrepreneurial Spark, supporting entrepreneurs and high growth businesses in the UK. A series of business accelerator hubs across the UK offer workspace, mentoring and a free programme of advice, support and funding clinics.
Commercial & Private Banking Technology India is an extended unit of C&PB Technology which provides all Technology Services for C&PB Business. Technology India designs, builds, implements and supports global technology services for the bank. This includes application builds, testing, deployment, on-going IT Infrastructure support and a broad range of Keep Show on the Road (KSOR) activities. It is a key strategic element of the global technology function, enabling the bank to deliver 24/7 services to customers. The team also provides technology needs to the bank’s local businesses.
- Focus on how the software being developed can benefit our customers and ensure that work undertaken is in the best interests of those customers
- Build relationships with other members of the delivery team and the wider department
- Business Delivery and Financial Performance
- Contribute to the strategic vision of the team / project / department by developing software and tools to meet project objectives
- Ensure work done is aligned to the principles of software development within RBS
- Where possible attend RBS internal technical events to widen technical knowledge and become part of the wider development community
- Advance the knowledge of their project team and department in technical matters by maintaining an understanding of new and innovative technologies
- Deliver work as agreed with line management / project management
- Raise issues and concerns to your line manager at the earliest possible opportunity
- Own the development of code, based on requirements delivered from the business, and the testing of that code to ensure that it is robust and meets the requirements laid out
- Provide technical help to the other developers wherever required
- Experience in agile software development
- Compliance with group design & development standards
- Acquire an understanding of the underlying business processes of the area in which you work
- Risk and Controls
- Adhere to appropriate principles & best practice frameworks specific to the role
Skills you need
- Track record of problem solving ability
- Able to quickly understand and familiarise themselves with complex systems
- Ability to learn the technical specifics of the given project
- Understanding of good development and testing practices
- Able to interpret requirements and develop code to meet those requirements, both functional and non-functional
- Proficiency in. .Net 4.5/4.6 framework, C#, ASP.Net Web forms & MVC, WCF Services, Entity Framework, Web API, Unit testing, Data structures and Working knowledge in Oracle or SQL Server Databases.
- Good understanding of Industry wide development principles is a pre-requisite (SOLID principles, design patterns like GoF), as is the ability to learn technical skills and the tools to do the job.
- Have the ability to undertake larger components of work and contribute to the design of those components.
- Exposure to DevOps tools & practices would be an added advantage.
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.