2017 Comeback Programme, NatWest Markets
This job posting is no longer active
We're offering opportunities on the 2017 NatWest Markets Comeback Programme in London
- If you have been taking time out of your career having previously left a senior role, our 2017 Comeback Programme is a chance to take on a paid work placement in the NatWest Markets business, giving you useful coaching and an array of networking opportunities while bringing your experience right up to date
- The opportunities are based in the NatWest Markets Chief Operating Office – an incredibly varied and busy area of our business – and are designed to provide a work environment that enables you to balance a successful career with family life
- By placing you at the forefront of the NatWest Markets business, the 12 week paid returnship in September 2017 will highlight a wealth of potential opportunities, and may lead to the offer of a permanent role
What you'll do
This returnship will allow you to get back to a hands-on role, leading and managing one or more initiatives which support the NatWest Markets Transformation or Operating Model programmes. You'll fulfil the role of a project manager or business analyst, and will deliver the end state journey related to cost, control, regulations and organisational excellence. Possible initiatives could include working with:
- The Head of Customer Experience to perform operating model review and design on front-to-back customer lifecycle processes
- The Transformation team to streamline processes and drive cost efficiencies
- The Business Administration team
- The Front Office Risk Framework and Mandatory Remediation teams, to deliver the appropriate conduct and control outcomes so that NatWest Markets remains within risk appetite
- The Front Office Surveillance team
- Portfolio Risk and Resource Management
- Future-State Business Model
As part of the Comeback Programme you'll be supported with a range of training opportunities, as well as personalised and group coaching and seminars. You will have a dedicated mentor during the programme, and will have the opportunity to join networking events led by our employee-led networks to gain exposure to senior leaders and broaden your internal connections.
The skills you'll need
To be eligible for the 2017 NatWest Markets Comeback Programme, you must have been on a career break for at least two full years by September 2017. Prior to your career break you will have gained:
- Experience working in financial services or in a relevant field, as a functional expert or as a manager or team leader at Vice President level or higher
- Experiences and skills that are a match for roles NatWest Markets is recruiting for
You'll have strong analytical and technical skills, and will be able to understand complex topics. We'll also expect a proven history of working collaboratively with stakeholders, particularly in senior management. You should be able to prioritise your workload, and will show a willingness to embrace new ways of working while incorporating what you already know. You'll need to be a proactive quick-thinker who has excellent problem solving capabilities, and who is prepared to ask the right questions. We're also looking for people who have high levels of motivation, and are keen to meet a new challenge and hit the ground running.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.