This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a Project Manager in Edinburgh
- Joining our Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) Design & Change team, you'll be taking the lead on key strategic and mandatory projects
- If you're an experienced, change-focused project manager this is an opportunity to bring your skills and expertise into an environment where you'll have a genuine and clear impact on the future of the bank
- You'll have the opportunity to work on a range of diverse and interesting projects, providing initiation, definition, delivery and closure of projects within a set programme portfolio
What you'll do
You'll work on a programme that looks at specific changes, as well as contributing to wider strategic changes across CPB. You'll scope, plan, and manage projects through their entire life cycle, ensuring delivery to time, cost, and quality. This will include ensuring that the agreed solution is capable of delivering a measurable benefit to both the business and, crucially, our customers.
You'll also manage the project deliverables of a number of Project Analysts, providing them with guidance, expertise, and sharing best practice throughout the project.
Along with this, you'll also be:
- Establishing and building relationships across the bank to facilitate the achievement of strategic goals
- Establishing and owning a governance structure for identifying and managing risk, and for defining and approving an appropriate risk appetite
- Identifying and evaluating project risks and issues and devising and implementing effective mitigation strategies
- Managing key stakeholders up to senior level
The skills you'll need
You will have recent experience of working as a Project or Change Manager and have a track record of delivering strategic or mandatory projects that support business strategy. Whatever your precise career background, you'll need change experience, which could be drawn from a range of different contexts.
You'll also need:
- Knowledge of the Change Framework (P3M) or other Project Management Tools
- Commercial acumen with a record of delivering to budget and within timescales
- Experience of empowering and managing other Change Professionals such as Project Analysts, Testers, PMO Analysts.
- Experience of working in a complex organisation engaging with multiple areas/departments e.g. Technology.
- The ability to identify, track and manage project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to persuade and influence up to a senior level
It would be advantageous to have an appropriate Project Management qualification (e.g. Prince 2, Agile). Experience of working in Banking is not essential though it would be advantageous if you had experience of working on projects where you were involved with banking products, large scale customer migrations, payments systems, system integrations and Digital Platforms.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of between £34,880 and £52,320 plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.