Financial Crime Advisory Manager
This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a Financial Crime Advisory at RBS International in St Helier
- This is an opportunity to take on an important role with scope for progression in RBS International (RBSI)
- You'll be providing Financial Crime (FC) advice, oversight, challenge and support to the RBS International business, reporting into the Head of Financial Crime for RBSI
- You'll be honing and developing your financial crime prevention expertise, and helping us protect our customers
What you'll do
In this role you'll be using your expertise to provide Financial Crime (FC) advice, oversight, challenge and support to the RBSI business. This will involve ensuring the business receives timely, comprehensive and accurate advice on FC related matters, so we remain fully compliant with law and policy and maintain an appropriate risk and control framework. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that RBSI FC policies remain compliant with RBS FC related policies, and local laws in each offshore jurisdiction
- Acting as representative for RBSI at franchise or RBS FC forums as required
- Providing FC reports to RBSI, franchise and RBS
- Building excellent working relationships with stakeholders in RBSI, in order to become a trusted advisor to the business
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of working in a Financial Crime, Risk, Audit, Compliance or equivalent role, within a financial services, consulting, law enforcement or regulatory environment.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal skills with a track record of building and sustaining effective relationships, and influencing across all levels within a complex organisation
- A detailed understanding of the local regulatory environment and financial crime laws
- An understanding of approved guidance and best practice relevant to each offshore jurisdiction
Previous experience maintaining FC related policies is desirable but not essential. Similarly, previous experience of leading and representing team on projects and programmes of work would be an advantage.
What else you need to know
Due to local legislation, you’ll need to be registered as ‘Entitled’ or ‘Entitled to work’ residential status to undertake this role.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Jersey Financial Services Commission(JFSC), which are designed to protect our customers. This role is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.