Senior Software Designer (SQL)
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in analytic platforms like Banker Mart or Sales Mart, a position as Senior Software Designer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing trade/static data feeds into the data warehouse to specification.
To qualify for this role, you need to have prior experience in a front office environment and proven ability to liaise and communicate effectively with the business.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Customer Analytics team at Technology India reporting to the Development Manager.
Customer Analytics provides a suite of tools to build long term relationships with our clients by providing our customer facing staff a complete, consistent and timely view across customer interactions, life-cycle and products. Our products allow the business to anticipate needs and support the sales team through improved insight and assisted decision making, while providing reporting and MI on the impact and value of relationships and products.
As Senior Software Designer, your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to migration of the Front Office BI Architecture from current state to final state and working with new Column store database (ParAccel)
- Providing 3rd level support of the existing Front Office BI Application Suite, including SQL, C#, .Net 1-4 technologies
- Working with investment banking knowledge side from a variety of systems to bring data into S-Mart which will eventually be used for Volcker Reporting
- Rewriting of legacy applications which consumes static and trade feeds to provide business with sales credit, revenue, product and client MI
Skills you need
- 5+ years of experience in designing and delivering Data Warehouse projects, including data capture/data staging/data transformation (ETL) through to reporting design and development (delivering data marts, star schemas, OLAP and cubes)
- Extensive SQL Server 2008/20012 T-SQL experience
- Extensive SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
- Extensive SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) experience
- Knowledge around the Sales side of the business would be an advantage
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.