This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies as a SQL BI Developer in performing Analysis, Design and Development of business requirements and converting those to a tangible technology deliverable, a position as Software Designer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing the requirements and creating a low level design document. You will collaborate and partner with Business Analyst and Project Manager to understand business requirements.
To qualify for this role, you need to have at least four years prior experience as a Microsoft .Net professional having delivered solutions using industry standard tool-sets.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Finance- Treasury Technology division reporting to the Lead
The Treasury Solution team is carrying out a transformational technology investment programme for Group Treasury. The systems range from Front Office Liquidity Portfolio Management, Term Debt Issuance and Securitisation platforms through to Back office analytical tools, regulatory reporting and a Treasury data warehouse. A large part of our work involves consolidating large data sets from multiple disparate systems and then transforming that data into a business usable format to meet both internal and regulatory reporting deadlines.
As Software Designer, you will be required to:
- Develop, debug, code and unit test the requirement according to architecture principles, review the unit test plans and results, resolve the technical problems of varying degree of complexity
- Ensure code is maintainable and coded with attention to robustness, performance, stability, scalability and testability, perform code review
- Adopt work culture in Agile development using Scrum methodology, participate and strive towards continuous improvement, ownership and accountability of fixing issues
- Contribute to the project by preparing and getting agreement on Design and architecture of the task or project
- Contribute to simplify the process in place to maximize the output
Skills you need
- Minimum four years of experience in SQL, SSIS and around two years of experience in SSRS
- Sound knowledge of database design, normalization, database query and optimization
- Sound knowledge of ETL processing in SQL server and data-warehousing concepts
- Experience in Finance domain, specific to treasury will be plus, basic knowledge on SVN (or any other SCM tool) and JIRA
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.