Performance Test Engineer
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in application testing especially with Load Runner, a position as Performance Test Engineer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for certifying application code releases and noting any performance impacts under production like workloads.
To qualify for this role, you need to have overall seven years experience and minimum five years of experience in Load Runner Performance Testing.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Personal & Business Banking reporting to the Test Lead.
As Performance Test Engineer, you will be required to:
- Verify impact of any Infrastructure changes (maintenance releases, H/W, OS upgrades) and under production like workloads
- Validate fail-over/recovery scenario and measure any impact to response times/interruption during execution of these scenarios
- Find processing ceilings like maximum transactions per second, concurrent users
- Execute different kinds of performance tests like Load test, and endurance tests. Analyze the results using Load Runner
- Monitor application, DB server, CICS, Data power and web server metrics
Skills you need
- Experience in designing test plan, workload profiling and delivering test completion report at the end of the release
- Experience in design and development of automated scripts using Load Runner based on business use cases for the application
- Experience of design scenario in Load Runner to evaluate the performance of the application
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.