Software Designer (OBIEE)
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in OBIEE – including modeling, design and report building, a position as Software Designer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for providing L3 support as well as development of Spotfire and OBIEE reports.
To qualify for this role, you need to have 4+ years of experience in BI - OBIEE reporting with working knowledge of RPD, report building, complex joins, OBIEE administration and security.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Reporting Shared Services at Technology India reporting to the Team Lead / Project Manager.
Reporting Shared Services provides global IT solutions to several teams across RBS group. This includes support of existing systems, small enhancements to those systems as well as larger-scale projects. The key objectives of the division are:
- To build strategic reporting and business intelligence solutions using strategic tools
- Ensure good practices adhered to using our architecture blueprints, review forums and tracking our technical debt
- Act as a center of excellence for all things around Business Intelligence and Reporting
As Software Designer, you will be required to:
- Contribute to software development life-cycle management, requirements definition, analysis and feasibility analysis
- Provide input to technical design of new solutions applying current software design techniques
- Decompose components of design into development plan tasks and provide accurate estimation of effort
- Support existing data-warehousing systems and should be able to act immediately to resolve production issues
- Own the components from design and development through to test and implementation, mentor and develop the technical skills of others
Skills you need
- At least five years of proven track record of design and development work in the IT industry having delivered quality software solutions and resolving complex problems
- Must be familiar with L3/Infrastructure support, excellent knowledge of ETL and DWH, SQL and Oracle, extensive experience of developing and supporting large data-warehousing systems
- Strong fundamentals on Data Warehouse concepts, understanding of SDLC as well as various components of the same
- Proficiency in independent design and development skills
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.