Relationship Management Apprenticeship
This job posting is no longer active
If you’re looking for a Relationship Management Apprenticeship, join us in Edinburgh
- Starting with us on the 30th October 2017, you’ll support our Relationship Managers in creating and maintaining great relationships with a diverse portfolio of clients
- You’ll interact with a wide range of colleagues and clients, broadening your commercial experience
- We’ll start you on a competitive and flexible reward package of £20,250 and you’ll work towards a Providing Financial Services Level 6 qualification
- Sitting within our Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) team, you’ll be able to build an in-depth understanding of our Commercial Banking business
What you'll do
Our Commercial Banking business is home to a great pool of talented bankers as well as our core commercial and corporate client franchise in the UK. Our wide array of commercial divisions work to match suitable products and services with our clients and customers to support their long-term goals.
You’ll work alongside either one, or a team of our Relationships Managers, and help them to build strong and productive client relationships. You’ll get to know our customers’ needs and financial goals in order to support with a variety of service, credit, and other portfolio administration activities.
We’ll look to you to:
- Handle queries and concerns regarding a wide range of subjects, either face to face or over the phone
- Support with the effective implementation of our credit and service processes, ultimately making things simple for our customers
- Build and maintain good knowledge of our products and systems in order to provide an excellent customer journey
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for people with strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to build trusted relationships with both colleagues and clients.
As well as this, you’ll need:
- The drive and enthusiasm to continually develop your skills
- The ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- A passion for customer service and delivering fair outcomes
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night. Your hours of work are likely to be between 9am and 5pm but we’ll discuss in more detail with you during the interview stage.
In addition, you’ll:
- Earn a competitive salary as you learn through on the job training
- Receive support from your buddy as you study towards a professional qualification through a structured online learning and development programme
The Apprenticeship programme is open to people of any background who are 16 or over. It is a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of £20,250, your package includes the chance to join our retirement saving plan, and to choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.