Software Engineer, ETL Developer
This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Software Engineer, ETL Developer, to join us in Edinburgh
- We're looking for an experienced developer, looking for a new challenge in a forward-looking environment
- You'll take a leading role in ETL development work on our Enterprise Data Warehouse, joining our Data Platform Delivery team in Data & Analytics
- You'll be using your technical expertise, and developing your career profile in a vibrant area of our business
What you'll do
You'll provide design and architectural expertise to the ETL development and testing team. You'll also play a leading role in ETL development work for our Enterprise Data Warehouse. You'll provide an expert view to managers and colleagues regarding ETL design matters, working closely with Data Delivery Project Managers, to ensure that accurate estimates and plans are provided for development and testing work.
- Making use of agile and rapid delivery mechanisms throughout the development process
- Collaborating with a range of development, testing and business teams, to formulate the best possible design and solution options, in line with application architecture and industry best practices
- Designing and delivering reusable components, ensuring quality, robustness, and flexibility
- Ensuring that the software components adhere to our business' delivery standards and are aligned with the vision set by the Solution Design Team
- Collaborating with various business groups and technology teams throughout the full project life-cycle, to achieve successful project delivery
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who can combine the necessary technical skills required for this role, with strong and adaptable communication and leadership skills.
- Strong development experience
- Effective team leading skills
- The ability to foster collaboration, and build trust among colleagues and stakeholders
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively on technical matters, and to translate business challenges into effective programme solutions
- Experience of working with Project Managers and providing accurate estimates for development work
Ideally you'll also show:
- Experience of leading deliveries for small to medium data warehousing projects
- Experience in Data Transformation and Lean Engineering principles
- Experience of writing complex SQL queries and tuning low performing Powercenter workflows
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.