This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a Technical Specialist in Edinburgh
- Take on a role with great development potential in our Services division, where you'll be developing end to end technical solutions and providing technology support across our Infrastructure platforms
- You'll be honing your technical expertise and regulatory knowledge, as you'll be taking responsibility for regulatory data feeds
- This is a great opportunity to broaden your skill set and build on your programming expertise, in a small specialist team with a key role to play in delivering change
What you'll do
As a Technical Specialist you'll be undertaking a lead technical role in Production Management. This will include analysing business requirements and using your technical expertise, to design appropriate solutions, in accordance with bank-wide change standards. A key part of this role will involve managing regulatory data feeds, and taking the lead on technical projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking high quality technical analysis, design and delivery of technology solutions, including technical guidance, development and configuration
- Providing technical expertise in support of IT systems and being recognised as a subject matter expert (SME) in one or more technology platforms
- Providing prompt and effective solutions for application management, to ensure availability for business use
- Identifying ways we can continue to improve existing processes and procedures in your specialist field
- Participating in the introduction into operation and hand-over to support teams, of new systems and developments,
- Providing specialist support during new releases into the production environment
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with SAS and SQL programming experience. You'll also have the initiative and problem solving skills to take the technical lead on projects, and see things through to completion. Experience working with Regulatory processes would be an advantage, but is not an essential requirement.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk clearly about technical matters to both technical and business audiences
- A keen eye for detail and experience working with technical analysis tools and techniques
- Strong stakeholder management skills, and an appreciation of what's involved in delivering in change from a business and a technical perspective
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.