Production Management Specialist - Applications Support
This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Production Management Specialist in Edinburgh
- Joining us as a Production Management Specialist, you'll be taking on a diverse role in our Applications Support function
- You'll be dealing with a variety of systems and technologies that directly support our front line businesses and our customers
- You’ll have the opportunity to utilise your technical skills, providing support for systems including Anti Money Laundering, Debt Manager and MTE Receiver
What you'll do
Application Support is responsible for the maintenance and support of applications that provide many of the key services within our bank. We're a major presence in the bank's global technology strategy, employing over 600 people worldwide.
We strive to bring innovation, improvement and simplification to the services we provide, and we're passionate about making banking quick, convenient and safe for our customers.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Providing technical expertise in support of IT systems and providing specialist support during new releases
- Delivering solutions for application management to ensure availability for business
- Driving the continuous improvement of existing processes and procedures
- Acting as a central point of customer contact
- Supporting the ongoing development of technology roadmaps
The skills you'll need
Essentially, you'll need to have strong Java and UNIX skills, combined with excellent problem solving skills. Applications Support experience is desirable, but not essential, and you'll need excellent stakeholder management skills.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.