Join us as an Network Specialist, Traffic Management
- We're looking for an Infrastructure Manager to join us in shaping our bank of the future through innovation and technological advancement
- You'll ensure the operational health of the platform, covering all aspects of service, risk, cost and people
- With a broad spectrum of technology at your fingertips, you'll help to put the bank at the forefront of innovation by simplifying our services and creating the best experience possible
- This role will develop and enhance our capabilities in web application security and traffic management space
What you'll do
As an Infrastructure Manager, you’ll be delivering a robust production management service for relevant infrastructure platforms. You’ll be directing the platforms’ operational stability and performance of technology, including maintaining any systems utilities and tools provided by the platform that are consistent with the service management and risks and controls framework and processes.
This role is purposed to develop the platform operating model towards DevOps aligned delivery based on WOW principles.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Driving the team’s activities to make sure that the platform integrity is maintained in line with technical roadmaps
- Encouraging innovation to develop a continual improving implementation approach at a deliverable pace, making sure that the priorities of stakeholders are delivered and support customer outcomes
- Planning and executing work within the platform and making sure that feature development requests from cross platform initiatives are responded to on time
- Articulating, championing and planning the frequent delivery of business value and customer enhanced experience, providing clear leadership to the teams to understand and focus on customer outcomes
- Seeking out opportunities to simplify the platform architecture, services and customer solutions, and guarding against introducing new complexities
The skills you'll need
Innovation and customer experience sit at the heart of this role, so we’re looking for someone with knowledge of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment.
You'll need advanced knowledge of Network Security technologies, and it would be desirable for you to have good experience around F5 web application security and content management technologies such as LTM, GTM & ASMs.
You'll also bring:
- Advanced knowledge of Web application architecture, Distributed and Denial of Services attack, Layer -7 application attack
- Extensive experience supporting Data, Security and application support environments with experience in supporting Web Applications, Web application firewalls, traffic distribution products and DDOS products
- Technical knowledge, including platform, technology, products and domains
- An understanding of operational principles
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues, including management level
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- A solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment with continuous delivery and continuous integration
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.