Join us as a Data Scientist
- This is an opportunity for a Data Scientist to take on an exciting new career challenge
- You’ll be evaluating and improving business processes and products using scientific rigor and statistical methods
- It’s a great chance to take advantage of our development opportunities
What you'll do
You’ll identify and work with data sets from across the organisation’s data estate to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed, typically as part of a team to support wider decision making.
You’ll work with and support other colleagues to interact across the functions and franchises to make business recommendations with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders using experimentally verified quantitative information.
- Provide analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Deliver data science project deliverables as appropriate
- Iteratively build and prototype data analysis pipelines to provide insights that will ultimately lead to production deployment via an agreed implementation approach
- Identify opportunities to identify new methods, tools, techniques and opportunities to deliver business value via cost reduction, income generation or improved customer experience through the application of data science
- Assist in the training of the wider business
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent practical experience in data analysis related field. You should also have extensive experience with statistical software, database languages, big data technologies and cloud environments.
You’ll also need experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
You’ll also need:
- The ability to demonstrate self-direction and motivation and willingness to learn new techniques
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Evidence of relevant work experience, including expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models and sampling methods
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets