Join us as a Portfolio Office Manager
- If you’re a highly organised Portfolio Office Manager, looking to take on a strategic role, this could be ideal
- You’ll establish and run the permanent office, playing an integral part in ensuring the integrity of the enterprise wide domain portfolio or domain backlog
- This is an opportunity to raise your profile, as you’ll be developing and maintaining effective working relationships with senior managers, programme and platform teams, and any third-party service providers
What you'll do
In this high-profile role, you’ll develop and maintain robust relationships, using a constant feedback of velocity with all parts of the business and the domains and platform teams. You’ll make sure that all investments or initiatives meet the requirements of the enterprise wide or domain portfolio MVP or programme board, to provide value to the customer and the bank. Throughout the course of your work, we’ll expect you to maintain close relationships between other key business initiatives that are currently under way, to make sure that there are no overlaps in responsibilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
Ensuring effective financials and reporting and optimising processes
Creating and, driving strategy and working with other managers to understand the underpinning strategies including resilience, security and testing
Making sure foundation building blocks are in place and ensuring the information that we're giving the business is correct
- Working with platform, domain and cross-domain to identify any gaps in initiatives and understand what activities are planned to fill those gaps
- Understanding the wider objectives of the domain portfolio and programme, and maintaining credibility within the environment to influence others
- Recruiting, developing and retaining the portfolio office, programme office or centre of excellence team
- Supporting business owners and programme managers to create strategies for the effective planning, monitoring and delivery of the portfolio
- Assuring the overall integrity and coherence of the enterprise wide or domain portfolio
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of Portfolio Management support roles, internally or externally, with knowledge of portfolio types. You’ll also have strong leadership and management skills and the ability to communicate well with people at all levels.
We’ll also expect you to have an appropriate portfolio management qualification such as Prince 2.
You’ll also need:
- Knowledge and experience of portfolio management theories, models and practices, including scaled Agile frameworks and Prince 2 methodologies, within an Agile or DevOps environment
- Strong portfolio, programme, project and risk management skills
- An expert background in tools such as Microsoft Office, MSP, Planview, Oracle and SharePoint
- An awareness of our change framework, processes and procedures and risk frameworks
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.