The role-holder is responsible for carrying out validation of a client which is inputted by analysts and ensuring compliance with Bank and regulatory anti-money laundering (AML) / Know Your Client (KYC) standards are followed.
What the Business Does:
NatWest Markets (“NWM”) is committed to preventing itself from being used to facilitate Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing, and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. In recognition that an effective Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) and Counter-Terrorist Financing (“CTF”) program includes robust Customer Identification, Verification and Due Diligence procedures, NWM has implemented Customer Due Diligence (“CDD”) procedures which apply to all Customer On-boarding, Periodic Review, Event Driven Review and related activities conducted by NWM.
The collection and maintenance of CDD information allows NWM to better understand its customers; the Money Laundering/Terrorist Finance risk they represent and better service their needs. The Due Diligence and review activities are coordinated by the NWM CDD teams, which seek to address global requirements regarding the prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing by implementing UK regulatory standards, primarily the UK Money Laundering Regulations 2017, and providing additional requirements in certain regions where deviation is required by local law.
- Ensure all reports are verified and sent to relevant stakeholders
- Suggest areas of improvement in their daily processing and escalate appropriately
- Initiate/Participate in at least 3 workouts per year which would result in process efficiency, risk mitigation and customer satisfaction
- Maintain process accuracy at 99.99 % and TAT at 100%
- Tracking of status of reviews – at a team and individual level
- Reduce operational errors and thereby contribute to the reduction of operational loss.
- Analyse the root cause of the repeated work in progress errors and assist processors to overcome the issue by knowledge sharing and adequate training and coaching sessions
- Handling Mailbox, Service Request & Queue Monitoring - meets the requirements & ensures that there are no errors or complaints from the stakeholders. Manage escalations effectively.
- Timely raising of incidents in the event of system issues.
- Adhering to timeliness while sending reports to Business Partners and other internal stakeholders.
- Ensure timely completion of mandatory courses in GPL, SABA, etc by self and team.
- Adhere to NWM standards without any breaches (PSPS, Record management policy etc.)
- Highlight any deviations in policies and procedures to Manager.
- Ensure 5 man days of training in both technical aspects and soft skills perspective; get cross trained with activities in other teams within AML Ops and act as effective back ups
The Skills That You Will Need:
- Graduate degree, preferably in a finance-related field
- Grade 2 with 1-2 years of experience in KYC field.
- AML-KYC certified from IIBF is a must.
- Should have cleared AML Skill assessment Level 1 and 2
- Should be able to perform the role of a checker for the KYC operations.
- Good communication skills especially to be able to communicate with relationship bankers and compliance teams for the APAC regions.
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientated.
- Ability to work with a team and peers to meet deadlines effectively.
- Should be a quick learner and attention to details are needed to ensure error free processing.