Join us as a Product Controller
- We're looking for a Product Controller to join our Revenue Control team in Warsaw
- This is an opportunity to take on new challenges and develop your career in the investment banking area
- You'll have an independent role facing off various stakeholders and you'll work closely with these teams to make sure company’s accounting records are correct and fulfil regulatory requirements
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for the control and governance of key financial records and reporting. This will involve the daily calculation and reporting of profit & loss (P&L) and balance sheet statements for respective trading desks based in London. Your remit will cover reconciliation, analytical review, and driver analysis, and you'll also handle the monthly balance sheet substantiation and control.
You'll also have a unique opportunity to use your knowledge to provide input to change initiatives and project work covering controls enhancement, efficiency initiatives and strategic developments in order to provide business advantage.
You'll also be:
- Making sure that daily, weekly and monthly attribution, backtesting, risk vs reval and significant trade activity tasks are performed as per the KPI’s
- Making sure systems’ reconciliation breaks are explained and cleared
- Providing daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and analysis, covering revenue and balance sheet
- Providing ad-hoc project work and analysis, working collaboratively across Finance
- Liaising with other product control teams, Market and Operational Risk, Operations and other Finance teams to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of queries
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a degree in finance, banking, economics or similar and experience in financial markets. Along with an excellent knowledge of English, both written and verbal, you'll understand financial control concepts and requirements including balance sheet verification and P&L reporting. You'll have an in-depth knowledge of cash and derivative products such as bonds, FX, forward, swap, options, deposits, and loans, and you'll have strong technical skills, proficient with Microsoft Office.
Highly organised, you'll be expected to prioritise tasks dynamically, and you'll adapt and respond to changes in a complex environment as they arise, without compromising on timely delivery.
In addition to this, you'll:
- Be ambitious with a strong appetite to understand the products traded so as to provide insight and analysis
- Understand the full front to back setup within investment banking including related systems, processes, and functions
- Have the skills needed to develop the team and meet the business objectives
- Have fantastic analytical skills, able to break down complex problems into their core components
It is beneficial if you participated in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) program and have VBA or SQL skills.
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our NatWest Markets benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.