Join us as a Junior BI Analyst
- This is an opportunity to join us in this engaging and varied role and gain valuable exposure to senior management
- You'll combine your analytical skills with an understanding of finance processes, and provide key reporting and financial analysis for our Finance division
- You’ll benefit from a supportive environment, plenty of challenge, and the opportunity to build new capability within the department
What you'll do
As a Junior BI Analyst, you'll be responsible for the daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and analysis to drive better decision making and enhanced performance. You'll contribute to various projects that look at simplifying and automating our processes, and you'll continually review the suitability of controls around applicable accounting constraints.
Along with this, you'll work closely with product control teams, Market & Operational Risk, Operations and other finance teams to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of queries.
You'll also be:
- Ensuring compliance with financial reporting standards, as well as legal, SOX, regulatory and supervisory, and RBS requirements
- Designing new reports and metrics, gathering requirements from the business and cooperating with Technology
- Continuously reviewing and enhancing the existing risk and control framework to protect the business
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a good understanding of finance interactions, and the ability to break down complex problems into their core components. You'll have a forward looking approach, and with good communication and collaborative skills, you'll work well in a team.
You'll also bring:
- A finance, product control or middle office background
- An analytical mind-set
- Good technical skills including Excel, VBA, SQL and Access
- The ability to adapt and respond to changes in a complex environment as they arise, without compromising on timely delivery
- A willingness to learn about products traded to provide insight and analysis
Knowledge of BI tools would be an advantage.
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our NatWest Markets benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.