Join us as a Finance Business Partner Support
- We'll look to you to support the relationship between Finance and the relevant business areas, helping to influence business decisions through providing commercial and financial expertise, and ensuring compliance with the organisation’s governance
- You'll be working with the business to provide accurate, timely and relevant information to all areas of the allocated business, including an appropriate level of analytics and interpretation to enable informed decision making, as well as commercial insight to provide a detailed understanding of financial performance
- This is an opportunity to build a credible professional network that will open the door to excellent career developments
What you'll do
As a Finance Business Partner, you'll be working with wider finance colleagues to produce management accounts at month end, including rolling reforecasts, and the annual budget. You'll also be working with senior business partners to deliver management accounts to the business.
You'll be supporting senior business partners and the business with financial performance review meetings and queries, as well as with ad-hoc projects and other ongoing initiatives.
You'll also be:
- Working closely with our local Financial Control team and the wider team in India on activities that support the production of the management accounts
- Working with other business partners and the business directly on assumptions that supports rolling reforecasts
- Supporting other business partners in the production of the annual budget, including extensive engagement directly with the business
- Providing regular and ongoing support to the business on financial performance queries
- Supporting ad-hoc projects that arise from time to time
- Ensuring adherence to the bank-wide approved accounting policies and escalating the adequacy and effectiveness of the business controls on a regular basis
- Delivering key process reviews at a regular frequency for the timely identification and escalation of any potential risk and issue along with appropriate resolution
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a qualified or part qualified accountant, with good post-qualification experience, along with financial management skills and techniques to be able to deal with complex business situations efficiently. You'll have experience of preparing financial analysis, and a background of working to tight deadlines and managing key finance deliverables.
You'll also need:
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills
- An understanding of, and the ability to identify key business and financial performance issues
- Good computer literacy, with a high level of PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong communication and relationship management skills, with the ability to clearly articulate issues to executive management
- The ability to work with finance teams across multiple geographic locations
- An understanding of the banking environment in which the organisation operates
What else you need to know
You’ll need the right to live and work in Jersey to take on this role.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.