Join our Business Intelligence team as a Financial Analyst
- You’ll support the NatWest Markets business in achieving strategic financial objectives via delivering analytics across a set of performance metrics and producing management information (MI)
- The role will allow you to pair your technical skills within the data space with the ability to understand the business operating model in order to provide valuable decision support to the bank’s senior management
What you'll do
You'll be running deep dive analysis to provide insight into the bank’s financials and support achieving the business objectives such as cost reductions or profitability improvement.
Day-to-day your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing comprehensive MI to present the current bank’s results to internal stakeholders
- Working on forecasts, budgets and explaining performance against a set of targets
- Working closely with the Business Partnering team in London to obtain the commercial and market context to add value through MI produced
In this role you'll also get a chance to utilise Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Oracle Analytics or SAS to drive essence from large portions of data and actively improve the efficiency of existing processes as well as the presentation aspects of your work.
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need strong communication skills in English, paired with the ability to adapt to changes and learn quickly as you’ll find yourself working in a dynamic environment.
We'll also look to you to bring:
- Analytical skills obtained through prior experience with reporting, budgeting or financial and business planning activities
- A general appreciation of management accounting principles
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
Working knowledge of more advanced BI tools will be seen as an asset.
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.