Join as a Data & Analytics Analyst
- Take on a new challenge in a cutting-edge Data & Analytics team and help us shape the future of our business
- Supporting our Functions & Services business, you'll be analysing data from a range of sources to help us plan and deliver business solutions
- We're committed to mapping a career path that works for you, with a focus on helping you build new skills and engage with the latest ideas and technologies in data analytics
What you'll do
You'll be analysing complex data to identify issues and opportunities, and support the delivery of projects and solutions, which will ultimately improve the way we work and bring value for our customers. Your role will also involve presenting data in a clear and engaging way for colleagues and stakeholders, so it can be used to inform strategic decision making.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Taking the lead on project components and coaching less experienced members of the team
- Providing high quality analytical input to support innovative processes and problem resolution
- Performing data extraction, storage, collation and analysis across multiple data domains
- Developing and performing standard queries to ensure data quality and identifying data gaps and inconsistencies
- Mapping appropriate data for usage in new or existing solutions as well as for on-going data activities
- Interpreting customer needs and turning them into functional or data requirements and process models
- Keeping up with developments in data analytics and sharing new ideas and best practice
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a senior data analyst with the ability to work on their own initiative. You'll need experience analysing business data and presenting information. You'll also need experience using standard data analysis tools and the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
Along with strong project management skills and experience of delivering change, you'll have solid quantitative analysis skills, and the ability to manage and interpret large quantities of data.
You'll also need:
- A University degree
- Advanced English skills – both written and spoken
- An awareness of BI tools including SAS Visual Analytics and Enterprise Guide
- An understanding of SAS, R and SQL, and proficiency with MS Excel and Access
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.