Join us as a Virtualisation Analyst
- This is an opportunity for a passionate and driven analyst to join us in our Technology function
- You'll be playing a pivotal role within Infrastructure Services providing system administration support to our enterprise CI and virtualisation platforms for Retail and NatWest Markets
- Hone your existing analytical skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
As a Service Analyst, you'll be part of an on call shift rota helping to manage and enhance CI and Virtualisation platform. Using your technical expertise, you'll manage capacity and performance using appropriate reporting and monitoring tools whilst providing support for infrastructure and application development projects.
In addition to this your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with platform teams to deliver new virtual services
- Maintaining market awareness of new products that could offer improved value to the business
- Liaising with application development representatives helping to optimise business opportunities
- Ensuring the business conducts its activity in accordance with all relevant external regulators and RBS policies
- Automation of manual tasks and processes
The skills you'll need
You'll need a background in SAN, Virtualisation, Network and Converged infrastructure, experience of Fibre Channel SAN Infrastructure (Cisco): High end Fibre Channel Directors (Cisco MDS9000) in a core topology and EMC SAN management software, experience of Vmware vRealise suite (vSphere, ESXi, VRA,VRO,VROPS) and experience of vSAN, Site recovery Manager (SRM) and RP4VM.
You'll also need:
- A good understanding of networks mostly centred around nexus and catalyst
- Previous experience in supporting platform or operating systems administration (Windows or Unix)
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.