Join us as an Infrastructure Engineer - Network Platforms (F5)
- In this key role, you'll provide technical leadership and management oversight for running platform operations on a day to day basis, developing platform strategies and technology roadmaps
- You'll develop and enhance our capabilities in web application security and the traffic management space, and will report to the Head of Network Security within Network Services, Hosting Services
What you'll do
You'll have a focus on the simplification of the technology estate, the standardisation of repetitive tasks and embedding automation and orchestration into platform management. You'll develop the platform operating model towards DevOps aligned delivery.
A key part of your role will be the technical leadership and day to day operational accountability towards the management of the TMS platform and service to ensure the RBS business objectives are met. We'll look to you to work cohesively with the overall network platform teams, data, engineering, OEMs and service vendors to develop and shape TMS platform strategies and technology roadmaps.
- Develop, align and evolve the platform and project deliver towards the DevOps aligned operating model
- Provide technical leadership and management oversight for running day to day platform activities from an incident and recovery, change and problem management perspective
- Identify service and cost improvement opportunities to make platform operations more efficient
- Contribute to network Services’ budgetary submissions for lifecycle and risk addressing activities such as lifecycle management and Service Improvement plan
- Work collaboratively with Hosting services platform teams, Security COE and business teams to ensure that new TMS technologies are deployed effectively and efficiently
The skills you'll need
We're looking for advanced knowledge of Network Security Technologies (it would be desirable to have good experience around F5 web application security and content management technologies such as LTM, GTM and ASMs). You'll need extensive experience working as a SME within a Networking environment.
You'll need to demonstrate the following experience:
- Advanced knowledge of web application architecture, Distributed and Denial of Services attack, Layer -7 application attack
- Knowledge of industry best practice, trends and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of Service Management disciplines such as Incident, Problem, Change IT, Continuity and Capacity
- Knowledge of project lifecycles
- Relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment through continuous service improvement
- Risk management methodologies
- Strong experience supporting data, security and application support environments with experience in supporting web applications, web application firewalls, traffic distribution products and DDOS products
- In-depth technical knowledge of Network Security infrastructure and cyber defence techniques
- People and vendor leadership to drive the effectiveness of the platform function
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.