We're looking for a UX Researcher to join us in London
- This is a chance to join an internal design agency that supports all franchises and brands across the bank as you deliver consistent, efficient and enjoyable human-centered experiences
- Part of an exciting team that are a centre of excellence within RBS, you'll be defining the best research approach and developing a programme of research to address product related human-centered design (HCD) challenges
- Working in a customer focused environment, this is a rewarding opportunity to deliver great service and hone your research expertise
What you'll do
As UX Researcher, you'll be conducting investigations of customer experiences for current and prospective products which are delivered across desktop, web, mobile and tablet devices for both and browser based experiences and native applications. Working closely with product owners, UX designers, visual designers and other stakeholders, you'll identify HCD challenges at the proposition, conceptual, structural, and UI design for a given product or service.
You'll also be:
- Developing the necessary research materials and carrying out and reporting results of testing activities using a variety of techniques and tools
- Contributing to developing high level storyboards, journey mapping or similar artefacts that communicate the goals, motives, and means by which specified customer types use a given product either at present or in the future
- Using your research findings to effectively communicate insight or using story telling to steer both strategic programmes and tactical streams of work
- Providing HCD recommendations based on your research insight or recognised principles in psychology or ergonomics to support solution design
- Using multiple research techniques to give the design team multiple information sources to understand and empathise with customer or user needs in order to craft effective and innovative journeys
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience supporting HCD processes by employing both qualitative and quantitative research techniques which address design challenges for new and existing products or services. You'll be proficient with a range of UX design research tools including DScout, Optimal Workshop, Dovetail, Usability Hub, UserZoom, Zoom, Survey Monkey, Axure, Omnigraffle, and video editing software. You'll also have experience supporting HCD processes for both desktop and mobile by leading research design, creating research material required, and facilitating that research with end users.
As well as this, we're looking for:
- Knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research techniques, including UX evaluative testing and depth interviews, focus groups, diary studies, ethnographic observation, survey design and co-creation workshops
- Good communication skills, able to convey your work, including HCD research solutions, insight into these, and rationale behind them
- The ability to solve problems creatively and effectively to support a multi-disciplinary HCD team within an agile delivery environment
- A background in human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, or a related field
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.