We're looking for a Visual Designer to join us in London
- This is a chance to join an internal design agency that supports all franchises and brands across the bank
- Part of an exciting team that are a centre of excellence within RBS, you'll be delivering consistent, efficient and enjoyable user experience designs
- Working in a customer focused environment, this is a rewarding opportunity to deliver great service and hone your visual design expertise
What you'll do
As a Visual Designer, you'll be defining, extending and leading the visual designs of our products, working closely with UX designers, researchers, product owners and developers to create new and extend existing products and features. You'll translate customer insights into designed experiences, as well as defining our visual language, design standards, patterns and principles that are centred around customer value.
As well as this, you'll be:
- Developing visual designs and working closely with UX designers to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Participating in content and application audits, including gauging the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change
- Championing the best possible visual design solutions, standards, principles and processes
- Working with Agile project teams and key stakeholders to develop and own the delivery of user-centered solutions
- Promoting continuous improvement and looking for opportunities to improve in line with evolving new, cutting edge customer experience and user-centric design methodology
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with expertise in the current Adobe design suite or Sketch, and ideally Adobe After Effects. You'll have a portfolio demonstrating creative and analytical thinking and the delivery of effective visual design solutions, along with experience of delivering interface designs for use in high performance environments.
You'll also need:
- Experience in visual design with a proven track record of providing
- An eye for visual interaction details and excellent creative skills
- Experience of Agile delivery methods and teams
- A practical understanding of responsive and adaptive design
- Excellent communication skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.