Join us as a UX Specialist in London
- This is a chance to join an internal design agency that supports all franchises and brands across the bank as you deliver consistent, efficient and enjoyable user experience designs
- Part of an exciting team that are a centre of excellence within RBS, you'll be leading and designing websites and software applications which deliver a great customer experience
- Working in a customer focused environment, this is a rewarding opportunity to deliver great service and hone your user-centered design expertise
What you'll do
As a UX Specialist, you'll be leading, inventing and designing websites and software applications for native and browser based experiences across desktop and mobile platforms, delivering enjoyable customer experiences. It'll be up to you to define and extend the UX designs of our products, working closely with product owners, researchers, visual designers and developers to create both new and extend existing products and features.
As well as this, you'll be:
- Developing high level storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Designing solutions that employ and improve the RBS Experience Language
- Using inputs from multiple sources to understand and empathise with customer and colleagues needs in order to craft effective and innovative customer and user journeys
- Participating in content and application audits, including gauging the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change
- Championing the best possible UX solutions, principles and processes
- Working with Agile project teams and key stakeholders to develop and own the delivery of user-centered solutions
- Promoting continuous improvement and looking for opportunities to improve in line with evolving new, cutting edge customer experience and user-centric design methodology
The skills you'll need
You should have an extensive portfolio demonstrating creative and analytical thinking and the delivery of effective UX solutions. You'll need extensive experience of delivering interface designs for use in high performance environments, and significant experience in supporting user-centered design processes and creating material needed to support effective user testing and concept communication.
You'll also need:
- An eye for visual interaction details and excellent creative skills
- To be proficient with a range of interaction design and visualisation tools such as Azure and Sketch
- To be experienced in discussing and championing interface designs with product owners and developers
- Experience of leading strategic streams of UX design
- Experience of Agile delivery methods and teams
- Strong communication and collaboration skills across all levels of an organisation with an ability to influence key stakeholder
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.