Treasury Middle Office Lead
Join us in Jersey as a Treasury Middle Office Lead
- In this role, you'll manage our Treasury Middle Office requirements, including the provision of first line control and reporting of the bank’s Treasury related risks
- Joining us at this time of growth, you'll gain exposure to a broad range of treasury products, including capital markets and foreign exchange and derivatives
- This is an opportunity for an experienced leader with a background in Treasury to further develop their career and raise their profile across the bank
What you'll do
We're looking for someone to effectively deliver the RBS International Treasury Middle Office model, ensuring robust governance on the balance sheet risks managed by Treasury. You'll take responsibility for producing liquidity and interest rate risk reporting and escalating any risk issues, looking at oversight and governance on balance sheet risk management.
You'll also be responsible for:
- The production, oversight and analysis of key risk measures including liquidity, funding and interest rate risk and FX risk
- Designing and implementing processes and controls that promote an effective risk management framework
- Pro-actively identifying and driving required changes to Treasury risk models, reporting and operating model
- Developing collaboration across both RBS International and NatWest Treasury centre's of excellence
- Reviewing and challenging outsourced services against agreed timescales
- Supporting Treasury related projects including design, testing and implementation
- Creating an environment where teamwork is valued and the generation and sharing of best practise amongst the team is encouraged
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll need treasury, markets or accountancy experience, as well as experience in FX or interest rate derivatives. You'll be working within a team, but silo'd within that team, so you'll need the ability to work on your own initiative as you'll be the only person doing the role.
We'll also expect you to have experience in a financial services environment with a customer service and control orientated focus, and value effective teamwork and collaboration across stakeholders.
You'll also bring:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify key areas of risk and appropriate levels of control
- The ability to take the initiative and challenge colleagues and stakeholders when required
- Agile thinking to improve Treasury risk reporting
- Knowledge of regulations and banking trends
- An understanding of appropriate systems and controls in an effective Treasury model
- Enthusiasm to adapt and improve processes
- Passion for contributing to establishing high performing teams
- The ability to work with senior stakeholders across Front, Middle, Back Office and project teams
You'll ideally hold a professional qualification relevant to a treasury and markets environment, such as ACI, CISI, CFA
What else you need to know
You'll need proof of right to work in Jersey to be able to take on this role
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS International, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.