Treasury Back Office Lead
Join us in Jersey as a Treasury Back Office Lead
- In this role, you'll lead our Treasury Back Office function and drive an effective control environment across the end-to-end Treasury model
- Joining us at this time of growth, you'll gain exposure to a broad range of treasury products, including capital markets and foreign exchange and derivatives
- This is an opportunity for an experienced leader with a background in Treasury to further develop their career and raise their profile across the bank
What you'll do
We're looking for an experienced Team Leader to join our Treasury Back Office team, and take responsibility for effective cash management for RBS International and driving efficiency improvements.
You'll also be responsible for implementing effective processes and controls and building a risk management framework within the broader treasury structure of RBS International, which is a rolling team with increasing complexity.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Delivering an effective back office end-to-end Treasury model, including pro-active monitoring of cash positions and engagement with Treasury Front Office
- Driving efficiencies for the end-to-end Treasury processes
- Designing and implementing processes and controls that promote an effective risk management framework
- Directing and managing the team activities and resources to achieve risk, control and service objectives
- Adopting an effective and consistent operating rhythm, utilising key anchors to develop an effective team
- Developing collaboration across both RBS International and NatWest Treasury centre's of excellence
- Creating an environment where teamwork is valued and the generation and sharing of best practise amongst the team encouraged
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll need effective leadership and supervisory skills, as well as an understanding of treasury cash management and payments from a back office perspective.
We'll also look to you to have operational experience in a financial services environment, with a customer service and control orientated focus who value’s effective teamwork and collaboration across stakeholders.
You'll also bring:
- An understanding of appropriate systems and controls in an effective Treasury model
- The ability to work with senior stakeholders across Front, Middle, Back Office and project teams
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Proactive enthusiasm to adapt and improve processes
- Passion for contributing to establishing high performing teams
- The ability to identify key areas of risk and appropriate levels of control
You'll ideally hold a professional qualification relevant to a treasury and markets environment, such as ACI, CISI, CFA
What else you need to know
You'll need proof of right to work in Jersey to be able to take on this role
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS International, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.