Head of Prudential Reporting
Join us in Central Park Dublin as Head of Prudential Regulatory Reporting
- This role gives you great exposure to senior management, and exposure to all aspects of banking, giving a breadth of experience and knowledge
- It's a chance to influence decision making and have a tangible impact on the function
- You can hone your existing regulatory skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
The UBIDAC Regulatory Finance team is responsible for the overall accuracy and quality of regulatory reporting submitted to the European Central Bank and the Central Bank of Ireland for Ulster Bank. Regulatory reports are primarily produced by the RBS Regulatory Control Finance Data Management team, with our team being responsible for ensure the reports are produced inline with the guidance and managing the interaction with the Irish regulator.
Your specific responsibilities will include
- Leading a team of 9 professionals providing development and coaching
- Managing the delivery of prudential and non-prudential regulatory returns for Ulster Bank
- Managing the service level agreement for the production of Regulatory Reporting •Raising issues and risks via operational risk practice and escalate with senior management
- Represent Ulster Bank on strategic projects such as CRR II and CRD V in RBS and attend local industry forums to ensure you stay abreast of regulatory changes
- Attending meetings with CBI/ECB and respond to regulator queries in writing.
- Engaging with the finance data team to ensure compliance with BCBS 239 for UBIDAC
- Contributing to a strong culture of review, challenge and risk management in the delivery of regulatory returns
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a chartered accountant with experience of working in a banking regulatory environment, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively plan, organise and manage report delivery. You should be able to work with both onshore and offshore delivery teams and processes, and have a deep understanding of banking data and CBI regulatory requirements.
You'll also need:
- A self-starting approach, with the ability to work to tight timescales while maintaining high quality standards for design and delivery
- Professional accountancy qualification with post qualification experience with manager experience
- Experience applying technical regulatory or accounting standards
- Experience working in a global finance environment with teams from various locations and business functions.
- Sound decision making skills and the ability to exercise good judgement under pressure, as well as being able to look forward and identify potential risks
- Excellent project management skills that allow you to collate information requests, and identify and resolve issues
- Strong communicate skills, both verbally and in writing
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Ulster Bank, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulators, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and Fitness and Probity (F&P) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These may include a full credit check, a criminal record check (if based in the UK), residency and right to work checks.
There will be an ongoing requirement for the role holder to maintain fit, proper and sound standing to perform in the post.