Specialist Adviser, Coutts
Join Coutts as a Specialist Adviser
- Take on a role with real scope for development and deliver quality financial planning advice to our clients
- Based in the South West and Wales client group, which is a key sector for Coutts, you'll be working closely with Wealth Managers and Private Bankers to provide the expert financial advice our clients need
- At Coutts we offer modern banking based on traditional values - so although our name may be steeped in history, our products and services are very much for today
What you'll do
You'll be the lead adviser where financial planning and complex structuring opportunities have been identified for clients. This will involve collaborating with Wealth Managers to build strong client relationships for our investment clients in the professional sector. You'll also be identifying opportunities to grow the business by strengthening existing relationships and deepening the number of client needs met.
As you'll be providing trusted and regulated advice to clients, you'll be working in perfect compliance with all relevant policy, risk and control frameworks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading on all referrals received from the Wealth Manager population to advise clients on their financial planning needs
- Increasing awareness of the benefits of financial planning and structuring within the Wealth Manager population so that referral opportunities increase
- Becoming a subject matter expert on all areas of financial planning and wealth management, and where required helping internal stakeholders understand the benefits of financial planning
- Keeping up-to-date with financial markets and macroeconomic news, and being well informed of the Coutts views of markets and asset classes
- Demonstrating a fundamental commitment to the Coutts business principles through outstanding client service, professionalism and risk management
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a successful record of delivering advice in a regulated, client focused environment. You must also possess at least a CISI Level 4 certificate or equivalent, and be willing to work towards the achievement of a level 6 qualification covering securities, derivatives and packaged products, within 14 months of starting this role, if you don't have this already.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- A record of delivering strong results and excellent client service
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build strong and trusting relationships with clients and colleagues across the bank
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Appropriate investment skills, including expertise in detailed client profiling and risk analysis
- The passion to keep learning and developing, and an ability to articulate current views on the macroeconomic environments and financial markets
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Coutts, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.