Media Relations Manager
Join us in London as a Media Relations Manager
- Working in a busy, high profile media relations team, you'll play a key role in promoting and protecting the reputation of our private banking business, acting as the delivery lead on our wealth management media strategy
- We'll look to you to deliver innovative, proactive media campaigns and handle reactive, challenging issues
- You'll develop key relationships with journalists and people throughout the business up to a senior level, providing excellent media relations advice and support
- As a spokesperson for the bank across a range of issues, you'll gain valuable exposure
What you'll do
We'll look to you to provide excellent media advice and support to senior leaders in the private banking space. You'll manage media issues to minimise negative media coverage and secure positive coverage across trade, regional and national media where possible. By working closely with our brands, you'll plan, implement and deliver strong and imaginative multi-channel media strategies to support specific business areas, demonstrating how the bank supports clients with all their wealth management needs.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Working with colleagues across the private banking business to ensure communications are effective and joined up
- Handling reactive media inquiries
- Preparing press releases and media materials which align to our narrative and core messages
- Securing positive media coverage on key activities at a trade, regional and national level
- Planning and delivering creative, multi-channel national, trade and regional media campaigns
- Developing an excellent network of journalist contacts to ensure the strategy of the bank is effectively and accurately communicated
- Using social media and integrating digital engagement into traditional media strategies
The skills you'll need
We'll be looking for you to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a commitment to protecting and enhancing the reputation of the bank, and the ability to influence at a senior level. You'll have experience of dealing with the media and PR, from origination of PR campaigns through to delivery.
You'll have a history of achieving press coverage, with first class news sense and a firm grasp of what makes a good story.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Knowledge of social media and digital engagement
- Experience of achieving press coverage through a range of channels, such as press releases, social media, events, research and case studies
- Working knowledge of IT programmes and media databases
- A first class news sense and a strong grasp of political and economic issues
- Excellent interpersonal, team-working and organisation skills
- Flexibility coupled with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Working knowledge of relevant IT programmes and media databases
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.