Executive Decision Support
We're looking for someone to join us in Jersey as Executive Decision Support Manager
- As Executive Decision Support Manager, you'll help to deliver complete, accurate and robust financial information and analysis, influencing strategic decision making across RBS International
- Working closely with senior stakeholders across RBS International, you'll utilise your understanding of the business and balance sheet metrics to produce comprehensive reports on financial performance
- You'll contribute to the strategic direction of the overall business through thoughtful and insightful guidance, incorporating internal and external metrics and measures
What you'll do
This is a technical role that will see you supporting the Chief Financial Officer as part of the Executive Decision support team and will include monitoring of financial performance targets and delivery of RBS International consolidated results,while maintaining a firm focus on budgeting and forecasting.
Working alongside business partner colleagues, you'll deliver a consolidated RBS International budget to support the strategic agenda, including accompanying papers for the board and senior management.
Other key elements of the role include:
- Making sure the rolling forecast and five year plan are reported at an adequate level of detail
- Supporting the planning and delivery of the annual budget timetables and instructions
- Providing financial support, guidance, challenge and insight for the executive and senior management of the business
- Working with Business Intelligence and Financial Control to prioritise workloads and commission deep dive, modelling and spotlight work
- Liaising with Finance subject matter experts on treasury, capital planning, tax and risk matters
The skills you'll need
For this role, you'll need a professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, ICAS, ICAEW, CIMA, with post-qualification experience in a complex, global financial services organisation. On top of this, you'll need knowledge of how data is used within a financial organisation, both operationally and for reporting and analysis, and the ability to interpret data and present in an easy to understand way.
You'll also bring:
- The ability to understand the key drivers and issues behind reported outputs
- A keen interest in improving existing systems and challenging existing processes
- An understanding of regulatory changes in the pipeline
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office applications including Excel
- The ability to understanding multi banking products
What else you need to know
You'll need the right to live and work in Jersey to take on this role
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS International, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting the Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".