Tech Lead-Development (Java, Microservices, Cloud)
Join us as a Tech Lead-Development, and lead the transformation journey on cloud (AWS/PCF) within Credit Risk solutions.
You’ll work in partnership with Risk Modelling and technical architects within the Risk Models Space, owning and implementing the latest tools and services enabling the department to move to cloud (AWS/PCF).
What the Business does
This role is based in the Risk Models at RBS Technology India Pvt. Ltd.
Credit Risk Solutions (part of Risk and Finance solutions) has been created within the Services/Transformation to partner with the Risk Executive Committee in developing and delivering a comprehensive technology and operational strategy covering key Credit risk areas covering retail and wholesale. It is collaborated closely with divisional CAOs, Technology Services, Data Services, Finance and Treasury in providing core capabilities supporting the management of risk and capital, meeting rapidly evolving regulatory demands, and improving customer experience.
Risk Models is a key function in every financial institution which helps in creating risk models for variety of risk measures ( like PD, LGD, EAD) used by bank for credit controls and regulatory reporting. This team works with Risk Models in getting the models implemented in a system called as Cradle.
As a Tech Lead-Development, your key responsibilities will include:
• Supports defining the technical strategy and advises on product roadmaps and migration plans to achieve strategic goals, specifically you will be looking at how to migrate Java/J2EE based application to cloud.
• Uses Specialized Micro-service design and implementation knowledge, design current Java based application into number of micro-services.
• Designs and develop software and APIs that meet the need for greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments. Delivers software components to enable the delivery of bank platforms, applications and services, specifically you will be looking at designing and creating cloud based APIS/services which can be reused widely in bank.
• Writes unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality. Lead the automation efforts, ensuring high quality deliveries. Tech transformation by accelerating automation and continuous integration and deployment.
• Liaises with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives, requirements and options. Leads solution design options and is able to explain the pros and cons to key stakeholders for appropriate decision making.
• Drives the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices. Responsible for work quality of the software engineering team, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all services output.
• Monitors the technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance and providing updates to stakeholders
• Supports and mentors the team in understanding of Java and Micro-services.
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
• You need to be an engineering graduate with 8+ years of experience in Core Java design and development along with minimum 2 years of experience as tech lead in cloud based application.
• Must have excellent practical understanding on Micro service based architecture. Must have designed/developed applications using micro service design patterns and well versed with SOAP/REST, JASON.
• Must have 8+ years’ experience in designing and implementation of Java development projects (pref. > 1.6 Java version) on building systems with high throughput and low latency. Specific technologies being Spring (MVC , DI, Transaction, Spring Boot) along with Java Multithreading, Java Concurrency and Garbage Collections.
• Demonstrable experience in designing/developing cloud based implementation like must have 2+ years of experience on of AWS Cloud/PCF and Micro services. Hands-on experience on AWS Compute (EC2, ELB, Lambda Step Functions, Workflow), Storage (S3, Cache, Dynamo DB, RDS), Access (IAM, security, encryption), costing, CI/CD, Cloud formation, cloud watch etc.
• Demonstrable experience of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing and unit testing tools for e.g. Junit/TestNG, Mockito/Power mock, Selenium etc. and Test Driven development.
• Experience of working with code repositories (pref. GIT), bug tracking tools (Jira), Build Tools (Ant, Maven, IVY, Gradle) and wikis.
• Working experience on CI (Teamcity/Hudson/Bamboo).
• Must have excellent practical understanding on designing and implementing UI using Reactjs, Redux, Thunk, Saga, Nodejs etc.
• Exposure to language i.e. Python, Scala
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.