Risk Analyst 2020
NatWest Markets US is looking for a talented individual to join their Risk Team.
The role offers the opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment as part of the Risk team supporting the business including Rates, Credit and FX trading desks. The role will provide the opportunity to gain exposure across the Risk teams with placements in Credit Risk, Market Risk and Operational risk.
The Analyst will work on a variety of risk based projects and gain practical experience in managing risks.
The Risk Analyst will partner with the risk managers, collaborate with front office and cross functional teams and contribute to an effective risk control environment.
- Gain exposure to the various risks run by a trading business
- Support daily risk reviews of the positions run by the trading desks
- Support ad hoc detailed reviews of specific positions or risks
- Work to improve the risk methodology and models used by the bank
- Engage in cross-functional projects and deliveries
- Review the risk appetite on a periodic basis
- Partner closely with the market risk managers, trading desk to understand the market , perform a daily review of the risk profile and escalate issues appropriately
- Partner with credit officers in proactively managing the credit risk profile of the broadly diversified portfolio across multiple industries and making sure that the risks are identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level
- Work closely with the senior credit officers and front office teams on new transactions, providing risk input on key terms and conditions to make sure structure is consistent with the risk appetite and relevant policies
- Ensure transparency of the risks to senior management
- Must be Spring 2020 Graduate
- Interest in financial markets and risk management
- Strong analytical, organisation and communication skills
- Proactive attitude to learning, with attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to multitask
It is the policy of NatWest Markets Securities Inc. and its parent, affiliates and/or subsidiaries to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Equal Opportunity Employer -Disabled/Veteran – review "EEO Is The Law", "EEO is the law- Supplement" & "Pay Transparency Provision" posters here.