Customer Service Representative - Premier Banking
You’ll be the first point of contact when our Premier Banking customers call us, providing a truly personal service. We’ll help you develop, including supporting you to achieve an externally recognized accreditation.
Join us as a Customer Service Representative - Premier Banking in Manchester
- Take on a new career challenge in our friendly and supportive telephony banking centre, and you’ll be the first point of contact for our Premier customers
- You'll help make banking simpler, more responsive and personal for our Premier customers
- You’ll match your desire for customer service with the motivation to develop and succeed with us, and in return we'll offer you many career development opportunities, including support to achieve the industry recognised Professional Bankers Certificate
- We’ll start you on a competitive salary of £18,765, pro rata for hours worked
What you'll do
In Premier banking, the customers have complex needs, and you'll receive comprehensive training so you have the skills to deal with the calls.
Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day banking transactions, educating our customers on our digital channels or liaising with our wider Premier business, you’ll be there to help. You'll provide an end to end service to our customers, supporting them every step of the way and proactively looking at opportunities to meet their financial needs.
- Take full ownership of your calls, solving customers’ queries and providing an outstanding service
- Build strong relationships with customers, as you'll be following up with them
- Continue to develop and build your knowledge, as you'll be taking calls which range in complexity
The skills you'll need
Ideally, you'll have some experience working in customer service, but it isn't essential. It's more important that you have strong communication and listening skills, and the empathy to provide the very best solutions.
You'll combine this with:
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, exciting environment where no two days are the same
- The commitment to go the extra mile for our customers, providing a truly personal service
- An enthusiasm for developing new skills and taking on new responsibilities
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible and commit to working a rotating work pattern.
Your hours of work will be between the hours of 7am and 9pm Monday to Saturday on a rotational shift pattern. You must be fully flexible and able to commit to the full range of hours.
You will be allocated a non working weekday but this may vary to meet our customer needs. Any hours worked outside 08:00 to 20:00 will also attract an additional shift premium payment.
Bank Holiday working is a feature of this role.
We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during your interview stage.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development. When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £18,765 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £18,765 (which is £10.31 per hour) depending on experience, and you’ll also join our retirement saving plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work bank holidays.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
Interviewing for this role
All of our branch and call-centre based roles have a one-way video-based assessment stage.
We want to give you a helping hand, so we’ve put together a short video that’ll give you some handy tips and best practices - and also tell you what to expect during the process.