Chartered Building Surveyor
Join us in Edinburgh, Manchester or London as a Chartered Building Surveyor
- Take on a new role within the Property Specialist Services leadership team
- You'll be responsible for the integrity of our buildings relating to the condition of fabric and assets, and the compliance of these assets to RBS standards and legislation
- We'll look to you to provide internal RBS expertise in support of a supplier led Property Services delivery model, and interact with our suppliers and internal delivery teams
What you'll do
As a Chartered Building Surveyor, you'll be responsible for managing the condition of our premises. Leading our Compliance team, you'll be responsible for providing competent advice in regards to statutory requirements and setting the bank standards in regards to their delivery. This incumbent team has existing mechanical, electrical and fire management expertise, and we're seeking a chartered building surveyor to complement these skills sets.
This will be an exciting role as we are currently transitioning to a new Property Asset Condition Survey supplier. The focus over the first six months will be mobilising the new model, and then making sure all buildings have been assessed within the first 12 months to enable us to build the future risk-based model.
You'll also be:
- Implementing a framework that delivers a compliant and effective property estate, and that delivers our customers needs while managing cost and risk
- Working with helpdesk teams, repairs and maintenance and project teams to understand the condition of our property estate and prioritise investment to meet our obligations in regards to safety, resilience and environmental performance
- Leading our compliance team, responsible for providing competent advice in regards to statutory requirements and setting the bank standards in regards to their delivery. This incumbent team has existing mechanical, electrical and fire management expertise, and we are seeking a chartered building surveyor to complement these skills sets
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor, MRICS or equivalent, with the ability to lead a small professional team, who will be gathering information from multiple supplier sources to help RBS prioritise remedial actions and drive risk-based investment in the RBS portfolio.
You'll also need:
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- A proven track record in managing complex property portfolio
- Experience in managing investment and managing risk or compliance within a complex property portfolio
- Strong decision making skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.