Telephony Sales Support Manager
We're hiring a Telephony Sales Support Manager in Birmingham to join a new proposition
- This is a chance to join a well funded start-up developing a new kind of proposition which places merchants at the heart of the design process, and focuses on solving their needs
- Our mission is to enable businesses to run their businesses more effectively, grow their businesses by connecting with their customers better, and give back to the communities they are a part of
- You'll be providing digital and telephony based support to new-to-bank SME customers, providing products and services which meet their business needs
What you'll do
This is a key role in the new proposition, working proactively with business customers either digitally or over the telephone, to deliver on key income and service targets. You'll build rapport and trust with customers to help you identify the right products and services for them, and will own the onboarding journey where customers need additional technical or process support. Your work will allow SME customers to reach their business ambitions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring fast, efficient and accurate processing of the customer journey
- Collaborating with wider bank partners to deliver the right solutions for each customer's needs
- Managing customer queries and any complaints efficiently and effectively, delivering an outstanding service
- Consistently and effectively using business intelligence and customer relationship management tools to acquire and grow business
The skills you'll need
This role is suitable for someone with a strong customer service focus, and experience in a telephony or digital environment. You'll have a good understanding of the SME market, including financial and market concerns, and needs and opportunities. In-depth knowledge of the bank’s new accounts process, range of products and specific triggers to identify customer needs would also be valuable.
You'll also need:
- Experience of AML processes and a good understanding of regulatory and control processes
- Merchant acquiring experience or knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills, and communication skills both over the telephone and in writing
- The ability to build personal networks in the bank and externally, based on strong and lasting relationships, and use them to deliver a seamless customer experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.