Join us in Edinburgh as a Pricing Manager
- For an astute and ambitious consumer product pricing expert, this is an ideal opportunity to join the Products Pricing team in our Personal Banking business, covering mortgage and protection products
- You'll have an excellent opportunity to leverage your pricing, commercial and analytical skills towards delivering fair and transparent pricing for our customers, as well as commercial gain for the bank
- Mortgages are a major strategic focus for Personal Banking and the wider bank, and you'll report directly to executive level stakeholders, so you can expect excellent exposure
What you'll do
You'll contribute to both tactical and strategic pricing changes in a fast paced environment which deliver optimised outcomes for a complex set of business goals. You'll balance what is commercially optimal, transparent and fair, and working within business risk appetite, you’ll use a variety of industry leading techniques, and a deep understanding of consumer behaviour.
In the course of your role, you'll be:
- Leading the development of both tactical and strategic pricing strategies to support the delivery of RBS’s strategic and financial objectives
- Leading the development of different solutions to very different problems or opportunities, sometimes reacting quickly to competitive dynamics, and at other times developing long term solutions to drive competitive advantage
- Working closely with a large and diverse set of colleagues across Data Science, Finance, Credit, Treasury, Marketing and Legal, as well as those dealing directly with customers, to develop and ultimately launch your pricing strategies
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong experience of retail banking products pricing, along with a track record of developing pricing strategies. Excellent analytical skills are essential to success in the role, and you'll need to be comfortable dealing with large and complex datasets, and able to look behind the numbers to understand the story that drives them before you convey that story to the business.
A mathematical, statistics or scientific degree or relevant professional qualification, or equivalent, would be highly advantageous.
We'll also expect:
- Strong transferable experience in a statistical or credit analysis role
- Advanced Excel skills and preferably experience of SAS, SQL or Python
- Strong analytical skills to support the development of data driven recommendations and enhance our modelling capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills, and confidence in articulating complex information in a meaningful way to varied audiences
- A desire for excellence in delivery and an appetite and drive to succeed
Relevant knowledge of mortgage products is desirable, but not essential, and a credit background would also be welcome
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.