Customer Service Advisor
Join us in Southend as a Customer Service Advisor
- This is an opportunity for a passionate and driven individual to take on a varied role, with exposure to a wide range of customers
- You'll be expected to use your strong communication skillset to deliver outstanding customer service in every interaction
- Hone your existing customer service skills and advance your career using our many development opportunities
What you'll do
Sitting within our lively contact centre, you'll have an integral part to play in supporting customers who may need help managing their finances. You'll be making outbound calls, and answering incoming calls from customers and third parties who require specialist support, have a complaint, or have a general enquiry regarding the account they hold with us.
As well as this, you'll:
- Listen and gather information from customers to understand their true financial position
- Negotiate solutions that provide fair outcomes for our customers
- Identify customers that are vulnerable and need specialist support
The skills you'll need
Experience in a debt management environment would be great, but what's really essential to this role is a passion for delivering exceptional customer service and a positive attitude.
As a highly self motivated person with excellent communication and negotiation skills, you'll be creative and flexible in the way you work with colleagues, and able to demonstrate genuine empathy with a customer's situation and needs.
You also have:
- Excellent organisation and time keeping skills
- The ability to work well as part of the team
- Strong computer skills, able to operate effectively between several systems
- The ability to follow procedures to comply with internal and external processes
What else you need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible and commit to working a rotating work pattern
We operate between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 8am-5pm Saturday. A number of shift patterns operate within these hours, with flexible options available.
We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during your interview stage.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development. When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £19,395 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £19,395 (which is £10.65 per hour) and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days (pro rata for hours worked) – you may be required to work bank holidays.
Visit our rewards and benefits page for more information on the benefits packages we offer.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.