Junior Valuation Analyst
We're hiring a Junior Valuation Analyst to join us in Warsaw
- For a person who is forward looking, passionate about financial markets and fluent in English, this is an opportunity to join our Independent Price Verification (IPV) and Reserving team
- It's a chance to gain in-depth insight into financial instruments that are not available on the Polish financial market, and to take advantage of our development and learning programmes
- You'll be working with professionals from both Warsaw and London, and will help to maintain and develop the control environment to international standards
What you'll do
The IPV and Reserving team is part of the wider Product Control function, and responsible for Independent Price Verification for the trading portfolio held by the London trading desk. We look at variety of products, mainly derivatives – futures, forwards, interest rate derivatives, CDS, inflation derivatives, currency and exotic options and others – as well as cash products such as bonds.
You'll be executing and verifying valuation controls, such as revaluation of financial instruments, based on independent model inputs and the calculation of reserves. You'll need a good understanding of financial products, as well as some insight into valuation models. You'll also show an eagerness to learn and attention to detail to ensure we maintain the highest level of finance data accuracy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Adding commentary about IPV results and significant changes in them
- Calculating Bid Offer reserves, Day 1 reserves, and valuation adjustments
- Verifying process workflow, making sure that processes are in line with approved methodologies
- Increasing efficiency by challenging working assumptions used for IPV and reserves calculation
The skills you'll need
This role is suitable for someone with good knowledge of derivative financial instruments, preferably with experience in an institution linked to the capital markets. Fluent English, both written and spoken is essential.
We'll also be looking for:
- A history of improving business processes
- An understanding of control environments and what makes a control efficient, adequate and effective
- Good Excel skill, with VBA preferred
- An analytical mindset and good problem solving skills
- The ability to multitask, prioritise effectively, and learn quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our NatWest Markets benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At NatWest Markets, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.