NatWest Markets Financial Accountant
Join the NatWest Markets Finance team in London working on Legal Entity Cost Reviews
- Joining us in NatWest Markets as part of the Financial Control team we'll look to you to work with the NatWest Markets businesses reviewing costs
- You'll work with colleagues across all NatWest Markets and with a variety of teams within the ring-fence bank to review and agree charging
- This is a great opportunity to widen your network and to experience the work of other departments with a legal entity lens
- This role is available for a nine month period, and is suited to an individual who enjoys a wide variety of challenges and will require working with people across the bank
What you'll do
NatWest Markets Financial Control team is responsible for the review and substantiation of legal entity costs, including those charged via the transfer pricing processes, across the global NatWest Markets business.
In this role, in addition to supporting the Finance team deliver its broader objectives, your specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing new reporting and analysis to engage with stakeholders and assist with understanding and validating their costs
- Reviewing charging into NatWest Markets across the ring-fence, developing analysis and reporting to provide a comprehensive understanding of all costs
- Reviewing and analysing transfer pricing charges received by NatWest Markets globally, providing commentary and analysis to the businesses
- Working in conjunction with the RBS Allocations team to provide NatWest Markets with an understanding of how charging into NatWest Markets is generated
- Operating and maintaining controls for transfer pricing and other cross-ring fence charging
- Building strong working relationships with key customers and stakeholders, including delivering ad-hoc requests
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need need extensive relevant post-qualification experience of working within finance, preferably within a legal entity financial accounting team. Ideally, you'll have a basic understanding of legal entity transfer pricing.
You'll have the ability to manage large volumes of financial and non-financial information and to prioritise activities based on the information gathered, as well as good problem solving skills which have been applied to a diverse range of business issues.
You'll also demonstrate:
- A strong investigation mindset and the ability to seek information under your own initiative
- Effective communication skills demonstrated by a strong network of finance and non-finance colleagues
- Proficiency in using Microsoft products
A knowledge of bank financial and legal entity systems would be beneficial.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.