Head of Technology
Join us in London as Head of Technology, Esme
- We'll look to you to leverage your technical and management skills to successfully drive platform improvements for new products and existing processes and workflows
- You'll evaluate architecture choices for Esme on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business
- This is an exciting and challenging role, with great career development potential and the chance to make a real difference for our business
What you'll do
As Head of Technology, you'll make sure the technology stack for Esme is as robust, performant and secure as possible. You'll be making sure Esme’s IT platform, tooling and productivity solutions are fit for purpose, conforming to bank standards and policies with the aim of removing friction and allowing people to excel in their role.
You'll use Agile practices and various software development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that enhance the customer and employee experience. You'll also work alongside the leadership team to drive the technology delivery of an outstanding and innovative proposition, backed by a world class technology platform.
You'll also be:
- Leading technical team members to produce secure, robust and scalable software to very high quality
- Contributing to the Esme code base and making sure best practice is consistently implemented
- Liaising with other teams within and outside the Ventures unit to negotiate timelines, deliverables and dependencies
- Collaborating closely with product owners and team members to identify and socialise product and delivery risks
- Maintaining and socialising a perspective on the current and target architecture and technologies, and collaborating with the Product Owner to make sure that the target is incrementally moved towards
You'll also be working with the Ventures Chief Technology Officer to help shape and deliver an open API and modular eco-system that supports and enhances the wider portfolio of businesses, as well as to make sure the technology community thrives and is best in class.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a hands-on technologist with experience in a technology management position in a start-up environment. You'll be a polyglot technologist with an excellent understanding of technologies such as Azure cloud services, infrastructure as code, micro-services and Azure-DevOps.
You'll also need:
- Proven experience in managing an Agile technology team that use the latest programming languages, cloud native solutions and productivity solutions to deliver world class user experiences
- Line management experience, coaching and mentoring your team to achieve great things
- To be an expert in driving the best behaviours in people to obtain colleague happiness and efficiencies in delivery flow
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.