Join us in Edinburgh as an Archivist
- We’ll look to you to help capture, protect and promote the history of RBS through its physical and digital archive collections, as part of the dedicated team running the RBS Archives
- We were the first business archive in Scotland to achieve accredited archive status, and we’re also Investors in People accredited
- Our collections date from the mid-17th century to the present day, and tell the story of around 300 past and present constituent businesses
What you'll do
As an Archivist, you’ll be making sure that our physical and digital archives are cared for to the best possible standard. You’ll be accurately accessioning and cataloguing a wide range of records in accordance with professional standards, and you’ll work with colleagues across the bank to identify and capture the right records for the future.
You’ll also be:
- Responding to external and internal enquiries to an excellent standard and within agreed timelines
- Supervising and helping visiting researchers in our public searchroom
- Providing heritage-based talks, tours and presentations for colleagues
- Undertaking in-depth research and writing for heritage projects
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll hold a postgraduate qualification in archive management and be an organised and self-motivated worker with excellent communication, historical research and team working skills.
Above all, we’re looking for enthusiasm and initiative, an eye for accuracy and a focus on delivery and excellent customer service.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive salary from £24,000 to £28,000 depending on experience, and you’ll also join our retirement saving plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.