Front End Developer
We're looking for a Front End Developer to join us at Coutts in Bristol
- Join our newly formed Front End Development team and help to fully embed this new area into our existing eco system
- You'll work on innovative technologies and solutions and have immense impact on products and their delivery
- This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new DevOps team which is being setup from scratch
What you'll do
We're looking for an experienced Front-End Engineer to provide strong technical skills in the development of performant, fully responsive and cross-browser compatible customer facing and front-end applications
Day to day you'll be:
- Creating performant front-end applications and implementing the defined architecture patterns
- Providing technical designs and developing Front End frameworks and tools
- Setting up DevOps tooling for the Development team to make sure automated packaging and deployment is done
- Working with stakeholders including product owners, architects and UX designers
- Writing, auditing and improving test coverage, taking ownership of features by ensuring test coverage and adherence to best practice
The skills you'll need
You'll also need to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience of working with a Java Script framework in a similar role
- A good understanding of online security models such as OAuth 2.0
- A good understanding of Node.js, AJAX, JQuery, React and PWA
- Proficiency in HTML5, CSS3, GIT, Jenkins and Jira and containerisation and cloud technologies
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Coutts, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.