Customer Service - Personal Banker - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
This job posting is no longer active
Be the friendly face our customers see when they visit one of our branches. If you’re a great communicator who loves working with people, this role will let you build great relationships in a face to face environment, while benefitting from our fantastic training and development.
Join us as a Customer Service - Personal Banker in Bath
- You’ll be integral to guiding and supporting our valued branch customers
- We’ll look to you to proactively find ways to enhance their individual banking experience
- Joining us as an Associate Personal Banker, we’ll support your development to become a Personal Banker within 2 years and to achieve the Professional Banker Certificate
What you'll do
Customers will be at the very heart of your role, and you’ll be their first point of contact when they visit our branches.
You’ll provide a fantastic experience by:
- Having great conversations, understanding their needs and helping them with their banking needs
- Helping our customers understand the different ways they can bank with us and the range of services we can offer
- Understanding and responding to changing customer needs by recommending and promoting the benefits of banking with us
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for people who are motivated and driven to develop their career. To be successful in this role, you’ll:
- Have a passion for customer service and a strong attention to detail
- Thrive under pressure and have the determination to continuously improve standards for our customers
- Have great communication skills to highlight the benefits of our products to each individual
- Commit to developing new skills and responsibilities
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern.
- Full time hours
- 6 Month fixed term contract
- Branch hours Monday - Sunday 08:00 - 20:00
- You’ll typically be working during the branches opening hours, including weekends, and your actual working hours will be discussed at your interview
You'll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development and open up progression opportunities. When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £17,235 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £17,235 (which is £9.46 per hour) and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) – you may be required to work Bank Holidays.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
Interviewing for this role
All of our branch and call-centre based roles have a one-way video-based assessment stage.
We want to give you a helping hand, so we’ve put together a short video that’ll give you some handy tips and best practices - and also tell you what to expect during the process.